Location: Atlanta, Georgia
1. The act of moving, proceeding, or acting in a covert way.
2. The quality or characteristic of being furtive or covert.
3. Archaic The act of stealing.
1. Not disclosing one's true ideology, affiliations, or positions: a stealth candidate.
2. Having or providing the ability to prevent detection by radar: a stealth bomber; stealth technology.
Stealth is a spatial work of cognition, illusion, and transformation. The sculpture acts as an urban instrument binding neighboring spaces through visual corridors. The continuously folded form creates an urban portal connecting specific locations in the neighboring environment through a series of interlocking anamorphic projections of pure geometric figures. The double cube and the elongated hexagon are perceptible as pure figures only from The Rich Plaza (Woodruff Arts Center) and from the Peachtree Street approach via 15th Street. The sculpture subtly transforms itself, expanding and collapsing in-between two dimensional figure and three dimensional form as viewers move toward, around and through the work. Materially the piece is alchemical, rendering reinforced concrete as an indistinguishable gray matter of light, shadow, and sensually smooth fluid mass.
Client: Cousins Properties
Structural Engineer: Jim Case | Uzun+Case
Concrete Contractor: Jason Adams | Sinclair Group
Concrete Supplier: Thomas Concrete
Special Thanks to CRSI, NOVA Commercial Interiors, DEX Industries, Montagne Design/Build, and Clarke Color